South Carolina Solar
View more solar data.
SEIA South Carolina State Solar Policy Priorities & Highlights
- SEIA was heavily engaged throughout the process to pass the landmark Energy Freedom Act, H3659. Click here for a full detailed analysis of impact of this legislation.
- Governor McMaster signed into law H. 4940, SEIA’s recommendation to create a committee that will study electricity market reform in South Carolina.
- SEIA also intervened in the net metering successor tariff docket and is preparing for legislation related to the creation of a DG property tax abatement and implementation of Act 62.
- SEIA is engaged in education and advocacy around utility business model reform and market reform in North and South Carolina, engaging in the Southeast Energy Exchange Market (SEEM) proposal.
For more information on SEIA's work in South Carolina, please contact Scott Elias.
Notable Solar Installations in South Carolina
- Shaw Creek Solar in Aiken was developed by NextEra and came online in 2019. This 108.6 MW project produces enough electricity to power 13,146 homes.
- Solvay, Walmart, and Target have all gone solar in South Carolina. Solvay's 81 MW project in Ridgeland is the largest corporate solar project in the state.
- At 105.9 MW, Palmetto Plains in Bowman is among the largest solar installations in South Carolina. Completed by Cypress Creek Renewables in 2019, this solar project has enough electric capacity to power more than 12,819 homes.
Check out our Major Solar Projects List for more notable installations.
Solar Companies in South Carolina
Looking for a local installer? Use SolarReviews to get company reviews and estimates for solar in your area. You can also view the average costs for installing solar in South Carolina, based on real price data from installed systems and solar quotes.
Don't see your company listed? Complete our National Solar Database Survey!
If you're looking for information about local solar companies, check out EnergySage's list of solar companies in South Carolina, where you can check out information about each company and see real customer reviews.
South Carolina State Solar Policy Resources
DSIRE Incentives Database – South Carolina – Search a public clearinghouse for specific solar energy incentives in South Carolina and across the United States
Solar Panel Cost in South Carolina - Learn about the history of solar policy in South Carolina, along with up-to-date pricing information on EnergySage
Solar Rebates & Incentives in South Carolina - Check out EnergySage's list of key solar incentives in South Carolina to see what programs you can benefit from
South Carolina Public Service Commission - Learn about the governing body that regulates the electricity rates and services of South Carolina public utilities
South Carolina Solar Panels Overview - Learn about the history of solar policy in South Carolina, along with up-to-date pricing information on EnergySage
South Carolina State Energy Office - Find a wide variety of information on state government energy programs, policy, projects, energy-saving strategies and energy-related statistics
South Carolina State Legislature - Track pending legislation affecting solar energy, locate and contact individual legislators, and stay up to date on current legislative issues in South Carolina
U.S. Energy Information Administration – South Carolina State Profile - Explore official energy statistics, including data on electricity supply and demand, from the U.S. government