With numerous utility-scale, residential and commercial solar projects, Nevada has long been a top state for solar. While the Public Utility Commission of Nevada changed the net metering policy offered to solar customers in Nevada, which slowed down solar deployment, in 2017 the Nevada legislature voted to resurrect this important state policy. SEIA is working in Nevada to establish policies to promote new solar growth for all sectors of the industry and create a sustainable market with transparent policies.
View more solar data.
SEIA Nevada State Policy Priorities & Recent Highlights
- Supported SB 358, which establishes a RPS goal of 50% by 2030
- Supported and provided an expert witness to testify at the hearing for SB 168, a bill to include solar in state building codes
- Working with stakeholders on a community solar bill
For more information on SEIA's work in Nevada, please contact Sara Birmingham.
Notable Solar Installations in Nevada
- Copper Mountain 3 in Boulder City was completed in 2015 by developer Wood. This photovoltaic project has the capacity to generate 250 MW of electricity-- enough to power over 41,030 Nevada homes.5
- Several large retailers in Nevada have gone solar including Apple, General Growth Properties and IKEA. Apple has installed one of the largest such installations with 22 MW of solar capacity at their location in Churchill.6
- At 110 MW, Crescent Dunes Solar Energy Project in Tonopah is among the largest solar installations in Nevada. Completed in 2014, this photovoltaic project has enough electric capacity to power more than 18,053 homes.7
Check out our Major Solar Projects List for more notable installations.
Solar Companies in Nevada
Looking for a local installer? Use SolarReviews to get company reviews and estimates for solar in your area. You can also view the average costs for installing solar in Nevada, based on real price data from installed systems and solar quotes.
Don't see your company listed? Complete our National Solar Database Survey!
If you're looking for information about local solar companies, check out EnergySage's list of solar companies in Nevada, where you can check out information about each company and see real customer reviews.
Nevada State Solar Policy Resources
DSIRE incentives database - Nevada - Search a public clearinghouse for specific solar energy incentives in Nevada and across the United States
Nevada Legislature - Track pending legislation affecting solar energy, locate and contact individual legislators, and stay up to date on current legislative issues in Nevada
Nevada Public Utilities Commission - Learn about the governing body that regulates the electricity rates and services of Nevada public utilities
Nevada State Energy Office - Find a wide variety of information on state government energy programs, policy, projects, energy-saving strategies and energy-related statistics
U.S. Energy Information Administration - Nevada State Profile - Explore official energy statistics, including data on electricity supply and demand, from the U.S. government