The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) and Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC) invite solar and clean energy companies and workforce focused organizations to join us to connect with each other virtually as we explore opportunities to collaborate on apprenticeships on December 8, 2022 from 2:00 - 4:00 pm ET/11:00 am - 1:00 pm PT.
Following the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), which includes tax incentives for solar projects above 1 MW in size that meet prevailing wage and apprenticeship requirements, Registered Apprenticeship Programs are about to become even more critical to supporting a robust and rapidly expanding solar and clean energy workforce. In response, SEIA and IREC are launching a series of webinars and virtual events to inform solar companies about types of registered apprenticeship programs and to assist them in making connections with organizations that can support them in getting involved with apprenticeship programs or creating their own apprenticeship programs.
This Virtual Meet & Greet event will kick off with a brief introduction to Registered Apprenticeship Program types and the Inflation Reduction Act’s apprenticeship requirements for full value of IRA tax credits by the SEIA and IREC teams.
Then from approximately 2:20 – 4:00 pm ET, each of the nine organizations listed below will facilitate discussions in separate breakout rooms. Attendees will have the opportunity to rotate to different rooms in order to speak with up to four different organizations of their choice about their Registered Apprenticeship Programs and/or how they assist employers in launching their own Programs.
Workforce Organizations with Breakout Rooms Include:
- Employer-Sponsored Programs led by Adaptive Construction Solutions
- IBEW – International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- LIUNA – Laborers’ International Union of North America
- UBC – United Brotherhood of Carpenters
- IEC – Independent Electrical Contractors
- WECA – Western Electrical Contractors Association
- ABC – Associated Builders and Contractors
- AGC - Associated General Contractors of America
- AACC - American Association of Community Colleges
Brought to you by: