Established in 1974, the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the U.S. solar energy industry. Through advocacy and education, SEIA is building a strong solar industry to power America. Click here to learn more.
SEIA is looking for a summer intern to work on a variety of high-priority research projects focused on the U.S. solar industry. The intern will work as a member of the Research Department, which supports SEIA’s advocacy mission by providing other departments with accurate data and analysis on the major opportunities and challenges facing the U.S. solar industry. Ongoing and past research activities include SEIA’s National Solar Database, project tracking, and the SEIA/GTM Research U.S. Solar Market Insight report series.
Prospective applicants will have the opportunity to work alongside passionate and talented individuals in a fast-paced environment, with responsibilities that touch on all aspects of SEIA’s research agenda. Applicants can work in person out of our Washington DC offices or remote.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Solar industry and energy policy research
- Data collection and analysis
- Construction of data visuals
- Professional writing (that could include fact sheets, reports and/or web content).
- Previous professional or academic experience in policy research and analysis and proficiency with Microsoft Excel is preferred.
- An interest in energy, environmental policy, business, economics, or statistics.
- Experience with Salesforce, Tableau, GIS applications, or programming (such as R, Python, or SQL) a plus.
- A top applicant will be a detail-oriented self-starter with strong communication skills across all mediums and a demonstrated ability to think critically.
This position is 20-40 hours/week. All majors are encouraged to apply, but ideal applicants will have an interest in energy, environmental policy, economics, business, and/or statistics.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Research Intern - Summer 2022.”
This position pays DC minimum wage. Start and end dates are flexible. For our internship Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
Working at SEIA
SEIA values diversity, inclusion and equity within our organization and the promotion of these values across the solar industry. We strive to welcome different perspectives, identities, and backgrounds, regardless of job function in order to create a more resilient organization that supports a strong, equitable solar industry. SEIA envisions an industry that is committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity. We aim to achieve this by encouraging openness and transparency about diversity issues and progress. We will develop strategies, programs, and tools that seek to equalize opportunities within SEIA and allow for discussing and sharing best practices within the solar industry.