Meetings & Events Internship
Established in 1974, the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the U.S. solar energy industry. Through advocacy and education, SEIA is building a strong solar industry to power America. Click here to learn more.
The events intern will join SEIA at a time when our education and event offerings, both in-person and virtual, are growing. As part of the team, the events intern be responsible for projects and tasks that will ensure a strong ROI for our meetings, workshops and tradeshows, both virtual and in-person. There is a need for a challenged “the way we’ve always done it” mentality along with a new perspective and new ideas.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting all facets of planning events such as networking receptions, corporate events, board of director meetings, and educational webinars; the position will include interaction with vendors such as caterers, venues, audiovisual providers, etc.
- Coordinating supplies, schedules, agendas, travel schedules, etc. for events
- Assisting in creating and managing event and webinar webpages
- Data management
- Industry research
- Administrative support as needed
- Highly motivated self-starter who is flexible
- Organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer service mentality with a positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficient with Zoom
This position is 20 hours/week.
Academic Majors: Undergraduate or Graduate students in business, event management, marketing, PR or related fields preferred, but all may apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line "Meetings & Events Intern Summer 2022.”
This position pays DC minimum wage. Start and end dates are flexible. For our internship Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
Working at SEIA
SEIA values diversity, inclusion and equity within our organization and the promotion of these values across the solar industry. We strive to welcome different perspectives, identities, and backgrounds, regardless of job function in order to create a more resilient organization that supports a strong, equitable solar industry. SEIA envisions an industry that is committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity. We aim to achieve this by encouraging openness and transparency about diversity issues and progress. We will develop strategies, programs, and tools that seek to equalize opportunities within SEIA and allow for discussing and sharing best practices within the solar industry.